John A. Batsis, MD, FACP
Associate Professor of Medicine, Geisel School of Medicine at Dartmouth
Associate Professor, The Dartmouth Institute
Areas of Expertise & Interest
In the News
John Batsis gave a live interview talking about his new study using technology to address obesity in older adults. Click here to watch the video!
Read the press release announcing John's new K-Award from the National Institute on Aging to study how technology can be used in older adults with obesity to improve strength, physical function, and quality of life.
- 2016: K-Award from the National Institute on Aging studying Geriatric Obesity & Technology
- 2015: New Hampshire Top Doctors (Geriatrics) award
- 2015: American Geriatrics Society Presidential Poster Award (Body Composition Category): "Normal Weight Central Obesity and Mortality: Results from NHANES III."
- This study found that having normal Body Mass Index with central obesity (based on waist-hip ratio) was a powerful predictor of mortality.
- 2014: American Geriatrics Society New Investigator Award for the abstract: "Normal Weight Central Obesity and Functional Decline: The Osteoarthritis Initiative."