In the Press
Our Deputy Director talks about her recent study on barriers to physical activity among women by weight class.
The Health Promotion Research Center at Dartmouth (HPRCD) is one of 26 Prevention Research Centers funded by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
The goal of the HPRCD is to measurably decrease cardiovascular risk factors in our region by addressing two of the CDC's primary "Winnable Battles"
- Identify needs.
- Provide technical assistance.
- Connect researchers with community organizations.
- Study & implement evidence-based practices.
- Mentoring early research career investigators.
- Piloting health promotion coaching and mobile health interventions.
- Partnering with: mental health provider organizations, primary care provider networks, state agencies, and community organizations.
- Support for nationwide research including a study on implementation of integrated health promotion in 48 sites across the country.