Photovoice Engages Older Adults of Color in New Hampshire
Health Promotion Research Center at Dartmouth Director, Dr. Anna Adachi-Mejia, was featured in a recent press release for her work on a project sponsored by the Endowment for Health. For this project, Dr. Adachi-Mejia used the technique of photovoice to engage the perspectives of communities of color and of language minorities regarding the experience of aging in New Hampshire. This project includes images and voices of older adults from Bhutanese, Hispanic/Latino, and Black/African-American communities in southern New Hampshire. Visit the project page to learn more.
HPRCD Topic Areas
- Identify needs.
- Provide technical assistance.
- Connect researchers with community organizations.
- Study & implement evidence-based practices.
- Mentoring early research career investigators.
- Piloting health promotion coaching and mobile health interventions.
- Partnering with: mental health provider organizations, primary care provider networks, state agencies, and community organizations.
- Support for nationwide research including a study on implementation of integrated health promotion in 48 sites across the country.