HPRCD Featured in New CDC Podcast
Health Promotion Research Center at Dartmouth Principal Investigator, Dr. Stephen Bartels, was featured in a recent CDC Podcast about our Core Research Project. The pocast is titled: Prevention Research Matters: Fitness for People with Mental Illness Who are Overweight.
People with serious mental illness who are overweight or obese can benefit from taking part in a fitness program called InSHAPE where they receive help with fitness, weight loss, and even grocery shopping on a budget.
HPRCD Topic Areas
- Identify needs.
- Provide technical assistance.
- Connect researchers with community organizations.
- Study & implement evidence-based practices.
- Mentoring early research career investigators.
- Piloting health promotion coaching and mobile health interventions.
- Partnering with: mental health provider organizations, primary care provider networks, state agencies, and community organizations.
- Support for nationwide research including a study on implementation of integrated health promotion in 48 sites across the country.